Phantom CHGUSRPRF

Miscellaneous questions and discussions regarding security within OS/400, i5/OS and i/OS.

Phantom CHGUSRPRF

Postby jonathan » Thu May 16, 2013 9:55 pm

Message Imported From Previous Version of Website

I work on a AS400 820 Model 9406, version 5.2, and every now and then a CHGUSRPRF will execute and change the signon menu for the user.

It's been happening for a long time now, and for the first time I saw it happen to me. I was running a job, I jumped to another session, and when I came back to the first session the job had ended and the CHGUSRPRF message came up at the bottom of the screen. It changed my menu, and my user profile, to a menu I had used earlier on another terminal.

Sounds crazy, but the job I ran was a one-time program, no CL, and when I tried to duplicate the problem, of course it didn't happen again.

This has been happening to various people throughout the company, but usually the same people over and over.

Anyone have any ideas?
Analyst/Programmer
www.astradyne.net
jonathan

Re: Phantom CHGUSRPRF

Postby jonathan » Thu May 16, 2013 9:56 pm

Reply Imported From Previous Version of Website

When you say the default sign-on menu, are you talking about an AS400 menu or an application menu?

The AS400 menu can be defaulted by pressing F23, is it possible that this key has been pressed. A lot of applications also provide a function key for setting the sign-on menu for users, for example in JDE WorldSoftware it is F15.

Other areas you could look at are the job schedulers. Is it possible that somebody has set up a scheduled entry to reset the user profile details; password, status, etc, and that the menu is also being reset? WRKJOBSCDE will get you to the IBM scheduler on the AS400.

Hope that helps a little, please let us all know what the problem was when you find the solution.

Best regards

Jonathan
Analyst/Programmer
www.astradyne.net
jonathan

Return to Security